- Curry – contains turmeric a spice that contains anti- inflammatory antioxidant curcumin. Curcumin is capable of crossing the blood brain barrier which is one reason why it holds promise as a neuroprotective agent
- Celery – rich source of luteolin a plant compound that may calm inflammation in the brain.
- Broccoli & Cauliflower – These provide good sources of choline a B vitamin known for its role in brain development
- Walnuts – Good source of omega 3 fats. Walnuts contain natural phytosterols & antioxidants and have been shown to reverse brain ageing in older rats
- Crab – Did you know that one serving of crab contains more than your entire daily requirement of phenylalanine an amino acid that helps make the neurotransmitter dopamine, brain stimulating adrenaline and noradrenalin and thyroid hormone. Crab is an excellent source of brain booster B12
- Chickpeas – As one of the best sources of magnesium ( aside from kelp & leafy green vegetables) Magnesium citrate benefits brain cell receptors to speed the transmission of messages while it also helps to relax blood vessels which than allow more blood flow to the brain
- Blueberries – High in antioxidants and the phytochemicals in blueberries have been linked to improvements in learning, thinking and memory.
- Healthy Fats – These are needed for optimal function for your body and brain in particular. These can be found in organic virgin olive oil, organic virgin coconut oil, nuts like pecans and macadamias, free range eggs, wild salmon and avocados.
Enjoy eating these amazing foods to assist your brainpower!
Naturopathic Herbalist & Bioresonance Practitioner
Adv. Dip Herbal Medicine Dip Bioresonance Therapy