We offer counselling & psychotherapy for the support of mental, emotional, behavioural and relationship issues for either the short or long term.
WHAT IS COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY?
Effective therapy helps us understand our problems, as well as access our blocked feelings. The aim of modalities such as these is to offer support for both your head and your heart over time.
HOW IT WORKS
In order for us to better understand the person we are now it can help to connect with how we thought and felt as we grew and were being formed. As we discuss issues that are relevant to you today we will examine how your history has contributed, as well as looking at realistic ways to make constructive change in life. The process is simple enough, and will be fully explained by the practitioner throughout the treatment process.
MOST COMMONLY TREATED CONDITIONS
We can help with anything you’re struggling with in life. Common issues include –
- Relationship problems – break-ups, seeing patterns, clingy or obsessed, running away
- Anxiety and/or depression – flat, sad, isolated, suicidal thoughts, panic attacks
- Drug and alcohol problems – too much, bingeing, not staying stopped, personality changes
- Struggling to cope with a drinker or a drug taker
- Perfectionism and control – fear of criticism, never good enough, controlling behaviour
- Eating disorders – overeating, purging, bulimia, anorexia, hiding food
- Sexuality problems – affairs, no partner, impotence, premature ejaculation, no orgasms
- Gambling problems – unable to stop or control, grand dreams, family troubles
- Money issues – lack it, lose it, chronic spending, unopened bills, compulsive spending
- Work addiction – long hours, inefficient, over- or under- achieving, relationships suffer
- Obsessions, phobias, compulsions – picking at your body, chronic checking, irrational fears
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO TREAT MY CONDITION?
You have to be prepared to do some serious homework, and keep at the process for a few months. However, significant emotional relief often only takes a few weeks.
OUR COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY PRACTITIONERS
ROBIN GRILLE – Psychologist, Psychotherapist
Robin Grille is a father, a psychologist in private practice with twenty years’ experience, and a parenting educator. His articles on parenting and child development have been widely published in Australia and overseas. Robin’s first book: Parenting for a Peaceful World (2005) has received international acclaim and led to speaking engagements around Australia, USA and New Zealand. Heart to Heart Parenting (ABC Books) is Robin’s second book.
JANE MACNAUGHT – Grief, trauma, PTSD and loss counsellor
Jane Macnaught specializes in providing a safe space for people to reflect on their own experience of trauma, loss, or grief; how this has affected them before and now. Building on the client’s strengths, Jane helps clients to understand their reactions and their current ways of coping and to identify strategies for positive change. Jane has extensive specialized experience working in not-for-profit agencies that support refugees, asylum seekers and adult survivors of childhood abuse. Jane’s website address is http://www.tranquilloplace.com/